BlOoDy..... My 1st experience seeing it 'LIVE'!
Wahaha, today is the day my group went to see an actual surgery.... I'm not joking, the actual stuff... not some powerpoint or video clips...
The usual preparations were done, like changing to their clothes, cap, boots... I looked really weird... I didn't know how to put that stupid cup on leh... but it was required. then we waited at the pantry... kinda exciting leh... but somehow it reminded me of my time when I went to a surgery... hahaha... at least I'm wearing enough clothes now... not the one freezing... lol
The operation was about shoulder arthroscopy, where the patient is required to saw off a bit of the bone at the shoulder to help in the movement joint there (briefly stated here, k?) It was amazing how they setup was like, similar to the pictures we have in our notes... but the arm was hung there very interestingly, with only support from two condom-like gloves on 2 fingers... weird... I wonder how the support is sufficient...?
The op started off, having to "poke" a hole to insert the camera scope in.. wah lauz... majiam see the butcher play with the meat... coz the doctors have to dislocate the joint first b4 doing anything... then poke with the capulla.. err.... very "meat-type of .. orh, shis-ke-bah!".. lmao... Well, the operation carried out with some trouble... too much soft tissue was present and had to be removed.. otherwise the bone location is hard to find... shave and shave, until some vessels got into the way and got cut! OMG... even doctors cannot prevent some mishaps from happening! blood started to flow out and disrupt the view... so they had to seal the wound.. very troublesome since the area permitted to work on is so extremely small... actually the whole op was rather short, juz tat time was taken to seal those 2pid wounds to the vessels... hahaha... Very interesting... we could smell a burning smell, coz they burn the tissue to collage(spell?) it. Hahaha, shis-ke-bah! One of group mates felt uncomfortable and had to leave the room for a while, I almost joined her... coz it was really weird to see such things for the first time in life... lol....
All went fine... op was a success... it didn't look like it was a ER type of situation.. hahaha, kinda relax since I wasn't doing anything there... well, now I can say that I've been in a part of a sugery, the patient & witnessing one. Hahahhaha... A doctor's job isn't really easy, hmm... should i say surgeon? Yah... complications in the op will really make things difficult... but fortunately in this op things were still under control... Now I know what I'm required to do for my design project, to help the doctor reduce his difficulties.. Muahaha... perhaps our design will be used and it could help many pple in the future! (thinks too far man...)
PS: Oh yah! F.I.R. is coming to Singapore today at 5.35 pm! Dunno if I'm going to see them, but my brother and his colleagues are!
The usual preparations were done, like changing to their clothes, cap, boots... I looked really weird... I didn't know how to put that stupid cup on leh... but it was required. then we waited at the pantry... kinda exciting leh... but somehow it reminded me of my time when I went to a surgery... hahaha... at least I'm wearing enough clothes now... not the one freezing... lol
The operation was about shoulder arthroscopy, where the patient is required to saw off a bit of the bone at the shoulder to help in the movement joint there (briefly stated here, k?) It was amazing how they setup was like, similar to the pictures we have in our notes... but the arm was hung there very interestingly, with only support from two condom-like gloves on 2 fingers... weird... I wonder how the support is sufficient...?
The op started off, having to "poke" a hole to insert the camera scope in.. wah lauz... majiam see the butcher play with the meat... coz the doctors have to dislocate the joint first b4 doing anything... then poke with the capulla.. err.... very "meat-type of .. orh, shis-ke-bah!".. lmao... Well, the operation carried out with some trouble... too much soft tissue was present and had to be removed.. otherwise the bone location is hard to find... shave and shave, until some vessels got into the way and got cut! OMG... even doctors cannot prevent some mishaps from happening! blood started to flow out and disrupt the view... so they had to seal the wound.. very troublesome since the area permitted to work on is so extremely small... actually the whole op was rather short, juz tat time was taken to seal those 2pid wounds to the vessels... hahaha... Very interesting... we could smell a burning smell, coz they burn the tissue to collage(spell?) it. Hahaha, shis-ke-bah! One of group mates felt uncomfortable and had to leave the room for a while, I almost joined her... coz it was really weird to see such things for the first time in life... lol....
All went fine... op was a success... it didn't look like it was a ER type of situation.. hahaha, kinda relax since I wasn't doing anything there... well, now I can say that I've been in a part of a sugery, the patient & witnessing one. Hahahhaha... A doctor's job isn't really easy, hmm... should i say surgeon? Yah... complications in the op will really make things difficult... but fortunately in this op things were still under control... Now I know what I'm required to do for my design project, to help the doctor reduce his difficulties.. Muahaha... perhaps our design will be used and it could help many pple in the future! (thinks too far man...)
PS: Oh yah! F.I.R. is coming to Singapore today at 5.35 pm! Dunno if I'm going to see them, but my brother and his colleagues are!

<< Home