Some interesting quotes...
Today was a boring day at home... reached school late and feeling tired all the while. In my Engin Pro lecture which I thought I could stay awake thru out, I still fell alseep at the later half of the lecture. Friends of mine, esp. Yr 1 friends, know my habit. Cow once said that he could count the number of times I didn't sleep in lecture with ten fingers~! LMAOROF!
Though I slept in the lecture today, I caught one part of the lecture which put up some really nice quotes... these quotes are meaningful and definitely relays to what Teck Wee once wrote in his post on his blog. Here they are:-
Buddhism: "Hurt not others with that which pains yourself" (Udanavarga, v.18)
Christianity: "Treat others as you would like them to treat you" (Luke 6:31, New English Bible)
Confucianism: "Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you" (Analects, Book xii, #2)
Hinduism: "Let not any man do unto another any act that he wisheth not done to himself by others, knowing it to be painful to himself" (Mahabharata, Shanti Parva, cclx.21)
Islam: "No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself" (Hadith, Muslim, Imam 71-72)
Judaism: "What is hateful to yourself do not do to your fellow man. That is the whole of the Torah" (Babylonian Talmud, Shabbath 31a)
In life, it's just right to treat others the way you want them to treat you. You can do anything, but in my view... dun hurt or harm anyone else other than you in making tat decsion/action. Treat others wif respect and soon you will be able to get the respect which is deserved.... which somehow conicides with the Law of Conservation...
Oh yah, now I'm waiting for my junior to come to school to pass me my notes... otherwise go home liao... later in the evening still got tuition... my tutorial haben do ah!!!! Hahahhaha
Though I slept in the lecture today, I caught one part of the lecture which put up some really nice quotes... these quotes are meaningful and definitely relays to what Teck Wee once wrote in his post on his blog. Here they are:-
Buddhism: "Hurt not others with that which pains yourself" (Udanavarga, v.18)
Christianity: "Treat others as you would like them to treat you" (Luke 6:31, New English Bible)
Confucianism: "Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you" (Analects, Book xii, #2)
Hinduism: "Let not any man do unto another any act that he wisheth not done to himself by others, knowing it to be painful to himself" (Mahabharata, Shanti Parva, cclx.21)
Islam: "No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself" (Hadith, Muslim, Imam 71-72)
Judaism: "What is hateful to yourself do not do to your fellow man. That is the whole of the Torah" (Babylonian Talmud, Shabbath 31a)
In life, it's just right to treat others the way you want them to treat you. You can do anything, but in my view... dun hurt or harm anyone else other than you in making tat decsion/action. Treat others wif respect and soon you will be able to get the respect which is deserved.... which somehow conicides with the Law of Conservation...
Oh yah, now I'm waiting for my junior to come to school to pass me my notes... otherwise go home liao... later in the evening still got tuition... my tutorial haben do ah!!!! Hahahhaha

<< Home