8.05.2004

Ush-kun no tanjouiwai!

*Edited post, 05/08/04 afternoon*
Ok, I'm waiting for my hair to dry as I write this post... coz it's suppose to be yesterday's post.. already past midnite mah.
As usual, this morning had class... abit rush coz the tutorial a little hard to visualize... but ok lah.. then after tat met some friends from EE for lunch. Teck Wee lor, want to eat the $2.20 Western food that I'm scared of since I take it everytime I'm in school (fastest better food queue). Today was a more "special" day since we were celebrating Cow's birthday in advance. Things weren't really planned out so we had some problem deciding where to go since we had to wait for Shaolong to finish his work for dinner.
After some brainstorming & hustle ... we finally decided to go Tea Chapter instead of Cow's decision to go arcade (for whole afternoon -_-''')... Ok lah, Tea Chapter seems to have taken a place in our outing locations... it's a nice place to settle, u noe? hahahaha... Oh yah, I didn't mention who went rite? Got Cow, Teck Wee, Daniel, Bingding, Wenling and of course, ME! This time we tried 2 types of different tea:- Long Jin and Mei Gui. Long Jin wasn't tat too bad but the Mei Gui was really fragrant.. very nice... We played games to kill the time, and of course, I was making the tea! Hahaha.... must get someone else to do next time. We played five stones (wah, monkey yrs nv play liao), "dum", reversi, Wu Zhi Qi (Yes! I won Wenling all the way!), transfer chess (lost 3 games straight becoz of me! haha, sorri cow!), etc. And it happened that at the next table, there was another group of pple and they seem to be from NUS too! How we know? They were talking about bidding mah... but they look kinda old... err.. opps! Then ah, got one of the gals in that group... her jeans so low... always display her "long kang" ... so distracting... hahahha... hmm, think only I noticed it... hahaha... make tea muz wait so look here and there mah... =p

Then ard 6 plus, we left Tea Chapter for dinner at tat highly advertised Tian Tian steamboat ard Bugis Junction. And there we met up wif Shaolong... Really funny, I called my friend many times to ask her about the location & details of that restaurant.. (Thanks Liyi!) but kinda hard to know where it is since she also nv go b4! Then all of a sudden while on the bus number 80, we saw the 2pid advertisement on TVmobile... so diaoz... speak of the devil... We got the location roughly, but still had to recee the place! Sad to say, the restaurant wasn't easy to find... we topo wrongly but lucky still managed to find it... wah lau, at one corner.. the opened corner somemore... who will noe?!?!?!? Surprisingly, the restaurant was much smaller than I expected since it was advertised so much.... kinda disappointed too... coz their buffet variety not that much... and we discovered that though they had 4 soup bases... the Ma La & Tom Yam had the same base; Pai Gu & Fish had the same base.. not very delightful after we found that out... and the service was not very good.... but the plus point was that it was air-conditioned. We kept eating & eating till one soup turned too porky that some didn't dared to eat it anymore! well, the other soups were also prawn-y and beef-y! Muahahha, it was also my first time eating totally raw beef... wasn't too bad but I could taste the stiffness (maybe juz defroze or not fresh?), it wasn't bloody too.. instead it was quite sweet! Hahaha.. as Wenling kept making the sound: "MOO~!"

Well, after taking so much soup... we were thirsty... guessed wat.. they claimed their soups were MSG-less... so how come? Hahaha... Seems like I'm writing a bad critic about that restaurant... So we went to MOSBurger to sit down for a drink... We managed to take some pictures with my phone.. the resolution isn't really good, but we had to do with wat we have. Will be uploading the pictures soon...
Cow kept insisting that he wants to see one of us dance Para Para... hahahhaha... but we didn't in the end coz alot of "Ah lians" dancing... really reminded me of gals who go disco at the dance floor... hahahha... and yes, there was a boy playing too.. wah.. they danced so extravagently lor... like dancing contest muz win like tat.. hmm.. kids.... are they trying to get attention or juz fun? Perhaps I'm too old already... We actually wanted to play Initial D for all 7 of us... but there were 2 pple who kept playing and playing over and over again... in the end, we juz cannot stand waiting and left lor... go home liao.. also quite late... hahaha... got gal wif us leh...

The day was pretty much like dat... hahaha... I kinda find it great to have friends go out together... though it means spending more than usual. It's the fun you get in return rite? And I hope Cow was happy though arcade wasn't the whole afternoon event... but he better be! Coz I lent him my phone for incoming calls that whole afternoon! HAHAHAHHAHA....

Photos finally up!
pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
Test drive! Is everyone is? Squeeze!!! Smile! ooi?

pic5 pic7
Self-timer: But where am I? There I am!

pic8
Finally a big picture! But blog suppresses the size for appearance.
From left: Daniel, Teck Wee, Cow, Me, Wenling, Binding, Shaolong.