8.23.2004

Have we lost all morality?

Wow, this post may sound abit outragous and senseless... but it's something I feel after seeing something this morning...
As usual, I changed from 74 to bus 151 at Bukit Timah Road... At the same bus stop there was a pregrant lady waiting for the same bus... There were quite alot of people and they were all rushing to get on the bus, I didn't coz I wouldn't want to hurt the lady and let her board it b4 me. Sad to say, no one... and let me REPEAT! NO ONE!!!! No one actually stood up to offer a seat to the lady in need... My gosh... the bus was moving quite fast and jerkily(spell?)... I was so worried for the lady.. but she went further in the bus and I could not do anything, being sandwiched among the passengers... I could see students (apparently from NUS...) turning their eyes away and staring at their notez.. Damn man... How selfish can one be? Even near the green seats no one offered a place immediately....(This is wif regards to my previous post about not treating someone in a way you wouldn't want to be treated...) What if one day you're the one in need, be it pregancy, injuried leg, etc... and no one offers a seat to you... would you complain? Why? You didn't do so in the past... What the hell do youthink you have the right to complain? I was quite disguisted and quite disappointed... Fortunately, after about 4-5 bus stops later, someone offered her a seat, I didn't catch a glimpse of who did it.. otherwise I would have gone forward to thank her, though it was a little late.
After the stop at Ngee Ann, someone offered me a empty seat.. I was quite shocked for a moment.. then I realised that I was wearing my ankle guard... perhaps he thought I sprained my leg and offered me the kindness.. tat moment I felt so warmed... to see some who still had the heart to take the step... I kindly turned down the offer as I wasn't really injured and told him that he could take the seat... I didn't thank the guy again after I alighted... but if he does read this blog, I would like to say this: "Thank you..."

All is not lost, for a moment perhaps life seems disappointing and hopeless... created by the selfishness and materialistic-ness of human beings... But there are still some who believe in hope and helping... and these people are the ones who really make others feel the warmth in life...
It doesn't take much effort to do a little part to help others, but it's much effort for those in need of help who try to cope with the inconvenience... Try to give a little more to those who really need it, do not act blur or siam away from it if you can help... Please....